The Beach Chair

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

She-Her II

The moment she walked in the room, her smile and beauty lit up the entire room. Her outfit was simple and even though she wasn't at all "dolled up", her mere presence made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. She smiled and her eyes connected with mine, which made me and her laugh in unison. Yeah, at this point she had me. When she kissed me on the cheek, I got a whiff of her perfume and the sweet-flavored gloss she was wearing. She smiled and turned and headed out the door, her jeans calling me to follow. I obliged. After all, she had invited me to dinner. I couldn't turn her down.

I sat across from her in admiration. She was flawless. The dim light that was mounted over our table was bright enough to add a glow to her face. I told her this same thing. She smiled and said thanks. Unbeknownst to her, she was garnering the attention of many other patrons that night, both men and women. She was the finest thing there that night. And me, a lowly sprout, was fortunate enough to have that "Yeah, I'm with her look" on my face. As we ate and talked, the words flowed off her tongue as smooth as silk. In listening to her, I was apparent she was becoming more comfortable opening up to me. I didn't say much, just responded when the moment was right. I let her express herself and she did.

The dinner and conversation with her lasted over an hour. An hour spent with her seems like an eternity, and that's not a bad thing. She wanted a drink, and in an effort to keep the smile on her face, we decided to continue the evening elsewhere. As we rode to our destination, she had a look of contentment on her face, which was good. When we got to the bar, I had to freshen up and when I got back, she had my drink ordered. She knew what I wanted. Point for her. We continued our conversation, but because she had to get up early, I had to get her home. As the night ended, I walked her to her car and she gave me a hug. It felt just as good as it did four hours earlier.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home