The Beach Chair

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Speed Bumps

I know, I know. I haven't blogged in a good minute. When I write, I need the space to say whatever I like. Now, I definitely don't shell out posts like Jameil. So, unless I have time to really focus and execute my thoughts through words, I'm not going to type just anything down. Because that would be a disservice to you, my loyal readers.

It's funny, because the last few times I've really had good topics to blog about, they've all had a common theme - adversity. As I've sat down to write, I'm struggled with getting the words out, because I wondered why I was always writing about the same thing. On paper, or on the site in this case, it would seems as though I was going in circles, not making any progress. So, I would delete my posts and wait.


Why?

Is it because I would get too frustrated with the reality of the situation as I was writing about it? Probably. Or was it because I didn't want to continue to beat the dead horse with a bunch of negativity. Maybe I could wait until something good happens.

Simply put: I was not facing reality.

It's easy to question God's play-calling for us when things aren't working. Sort of like when you're team's not winning, everyone points at the coach. But, it is in these times, when our true character shows up. We have to believe and have faith that there is something better for us around the corner, and not give up in the meantime.

One of the things I enjoy about this blog is that it's therapeutic. It gives me a forum to express my thoughts via word and hope that in the process it can help someone and someone can inspire me.

But what I can't do, whether through words or my own actions, is not be real with myself. I have to accept the speed bumps just as I accept when things are going good.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home