The Beach Chair

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Whose House?




Those who know me pretty well know my television watching is limited. Aside from sports, I don't really follow many shows regularly like some people. Sure, I'll watch a couple of episodes of Law and Order in the evenings, but aside from that, it's pretty much channel flipping for me.

I'm not one to program my life in order to catch an episode of Grey's Anatomy, The Wire or the Simpsons for that matter. Having grown up on the 80s and 90s, I was around for a great time in television. I had TGIF on Friday nights with Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Step by Step and Hangin with Mr. Cooper. For my serious shows, I had Murder She Wrote and of course, everybody's favorite,the Cosby Show.

But in the past few years, to me, television has become a bit lackluster. Nothing has captured me to the point where I have to clear my schedule around any show. Even on Saturdays, gone are the days of The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show, Inside Stuff and Winnie the Pooh.

But alas, I know have reason to believe. I am a HUGE fan of Run's House, just ask the SO. It's a breath of fresh air to see a sitcom, albeit a reality show, show a black family in a positive light. And, the bottom line is, it's just funny. Rev. Run, formerly of Run DMC is the ideal father and I hope to have as much fun with my wife and kids when I get older. The show not only gives a glimpse into the lives of the Simmons, it shows that black folk live, love and laugh just like everyone else. It's the closest thing we have to the Cosby Show in today's age.

Good morning. Don't be afraid of failing? You must look failure dead in the eyes and tell failure, YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME! You have to be able to look at failuire the way the Master JESUS looked and death and say "oh death where is thy sting!" Now get up, stay thankful and smile, and perform your miracle. Never pay attention to a so called FAILURE. Its a waste of mind energy. Think on good things..... Keep good thoughts and past victories in front of your eyes! Never ever ever look at lack! :)

GOD IS LOVE
REV RUN

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home