The Beach Chair

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

She-Her V

She was out of town last week. I missed her.

It was an interesting six days because, when she's here, I'm so used to being near her. Being able to see and touch her. Being able to be next to her. She is, for the most part, always around. When that happens, sometimes you can take things for granted. And while I'm not saying that's the case with her, how much a part of my life she is was magnified when she wasn't around.

Luckily for her, she was able to spend some time in beautiful San Diego. Unfortunately for me, I was stuck in lowly, non-picturesque Hartford.

And while the time difference and 2,930 miles separated us, when she had some free time, she always called. What her going away did was force me to use my imagination. To visualize her and think about what she was doing. To picture her out in Cali enjoying herself and working hard. To think and wonder whether she was thinking of me as much as I was of her. Because I was so bummed out when I left work and couldn't see her, it reminded me how important she is to my day and my life in general. I was reminded how something as simple has having her respond to an email meant.

So I had to be patient. I knew she would eventually come back. Although, for a millisecond, her dying love for San Diego made me nervous. But she came back on Monday and she was even more beautiful as she was when she left. Sometimes, it's good to not be around your significant other for a while and this was one of those times. I was forced to miss her. I had no other option but to think about her because I couldn't physically see her. And as my eyes zeroed in on her as she walked down the terminal my eyes lit up.

She was missed.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home