The Beach Chair

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

She-Her VI

Never has a woman walked so gracefully across the earth’s surface. Never has a woman’s smile illuminated even the darkest corner as hers does. Never has a woman’s eyes been as beautiful to look into as an early morning sunrise on the beach.

For young men, if we’re lucky, once in a lifetime, a woman like that will cross our path. And, if we’re even luckier, she’ll give us the time of day.

Fortunately for me, my time came. And with persistence, lots of persistence, I dint’ let this one get away.

There have been times recently when just the two of us have gone out, or we have accompanied each other to a social event, and I have finished getting dressed far quicker than she. I mean, I’m a guy – we don’t take long.

But in between that time when I’m sitting and waiting for her to purse perfection through lip gloss, mascara and countless other MAC products, I get a glimpse, if only for a short while, of what true physical beauty looks like.

Yes, when the finished product comes tipping out of the bathroom, it is flawless. Always classy. Never too much. Never over done.

It is at this point when I become an accessory. Because as sharp as I may think I am, her style and beauty laps whatever I have going on.

Perhaps it was the youthfulness of my mind. Perhaps it was me being naïve. Or, perhaps it was just a lack of experience. But, I thought I had seen fineness. I thought some of the young ladies I had “encountered” over the years were “all that”

Not even close. We things are revealed, and I mean truly revealed, it’s like a light bulb comes on and you’re like damn, where has this been all my life.

It’s sort of like when you grow up sheltered or in a small community and you branch out and go to the big city for the first time and your eyes are opened. For a man, when you get that taste of what good lovin’ is and what a beautiful woman looks like, you never want to look back.

So I don’t and won’t. I’ve been fortunate and for whatever reason, the man upstairs allowed her to cross my path. And every time she struts ‘cross my path, I look in admiration from head to toe -- with a brief pause in the middle -- and smile.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home