The Beach Chair

Monday, July 23, 2007

A closer look at Same Girl



It amazes my that, after about 15 years, R. Kelly is still having women problems, or at least still moaning and whining about them. A couple of years ago, he was Trapped in the Closet. A few years before that, he was supposedly Contagious. And, of course, we all remember the beat down he caught by trying to be on the Down Low.

Now, the self-proclaimed King of R&B is in a bind once again. Only this time, it appears karma has come around to bite "Kells" in the ass. Same Girl is basically a story about two friends who, unknowingly have been messing around with the same chick.


- Who knew Usher and R. Kelly were even boys? Granted, this is fiction, but I've never known the two to even take a picture together, but maybe it's just me.

- In the event that this was a real scenario, what is the likelihood Kells and Ursher would even be attracted to the same girl. After all, we know Usher has a tendency to drop the fine ones in favor of those who are a little rough around the edges. And R. Kelly, well, he likes them a little young.

-The description of the "jump off" made me wonder whether they were talking about an actual alum of Georgia Tech who actually works for TBS. I know a couple of people at CNN and there are a "suspects" but no one has come up with a definite conclusion yet. I'll keep you posted.

-Now, again, maybe it's just me, but if had a "potential wife" as R. so harmonically describes this young lady, wouldn't my boys know something about her. They would at least seen a picture of her, or knew where she was from. And even still, if I found out my boy and I were messing with the same girl, it would take me a while to get back to ballin' with him and the such.

-So, in the end, the girls were twins. Interesting concept for a music video, but for the actual story flow of the song, it throws everything completely off. Who was really messing with who? Were the sisters in on this? Did they know? How did twin A know to be at the same restaurant with twin B when to guys were trying to set her up?

Clearly, I have too much time on my hands.


[Update: Ok, a dear friend and loyal reader of The Beach Chair has pointed out that there, in classic R. Kelly fashion, is a remix. It appears that, the girl who R. Kelly and Usher were both messing with was actually TPain's wifey. Whoudathunkit? We knew TPain was in love with a stripper, but come on. Now, I'm not in a position to coment on this, but ladies, if you were stuck with TPain, wouldn't you try and dip out too? Especially if he talked with that vocoder.]

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home