The Beach Chair

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

2008

Greetings and Happy Belated New Year!

It's been a while since I've posted, as a matter of fact, I haven't blogged since last year! (smile).

With that said, as I prepare to begin the second year of the Beach Chair and another year in my life, it's only fitting to pay homage to 2007 before I can look ahead to my expectations for 2008.

For starters, 2007 was undoubtedly one of the most memorable years of my life. I can't tell you how much I grew as a person. You see, 2007 was the 25th year for me. I heard her and many others share with me that your outlook on things change drastically when you turn 25. I listened, but I didn't hear. I can literally go through each month and tell you many memorable stories that made 2007 special. There isn't enough space on this blog to do this. But let me just share some of why 2007 was special to me.

Maturity -- 2006 was a rough year for me. It was a transitional year for me as well. I started a new job, I ended a previous relationship and I was just all over the place mentally and emotionally. I really didn't know what direction I was heading in life. But, in 2007, I became more stable. In my job, in my love life, monetarily and such. In doing so, I grew up. Moving to the Northeast forces you to do so and do so quickly. Me in 2006 was the complete opposite as me in 2007...and it was for the better.

Perseverance -- Despite all the good things in '07, it wasn't peaches n cream the whole year. There were bumps in the road. Sickness hit my family as my mom had two major surgeries over the course of two months. It was the first time I'd ever seen my mom sick and to go through that, along with the trips from Connecticut to Virginia could have taken a toll on me -- if I'd let it. But I persevered. My grandmother suffered a mild heart attack and my dad's not doing the best. But I persevered. And being able to do that without losing it showed growth and made 2007 great.

These are just two things that stood out to me. There are soo many more to mention, but all in all 2007 was great and one I'll remember forever.

Now, as I prepare for 2008, I prepare to face with with excitement and anticipation of what's to come, knowing that for every good thing that happens, there are going to be some bad times.

Whatever happens, I know it's going to be a great year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home