The Beach Chair

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Yeah...she could get it



Disclaimer: I did this post as a guest blog for some friends of mine. But, because I'm a man of the people, I decided to post it here as well. Enjoy.

The lovely ladies of the Atlanta Soulcialites have been so kind to ask me my input on the top actresses over 40 who could “get it”. I thank them for the opportunity and also for opening a huge can of worms. I will put down my humble card for a few minutes, because there is no better authority of “get it-ness” than I.

I am of the opinion that a women, particularly those of color, get super fine until they are 35, so by 40, they are just right, to say the least. And while there are probably “regular” women in the neighborhood, the gym and in the beauty parlor over 40 who are just as, if not more fine, for this discussion, we’ll stick with actresses.

Again, these are my opinions, feel free to rip me apart.



It starts and ends with Halle Berry. When Andre 3000 came up with the Prototype, he was talking about here. Ever since she was the “other chick” in Boomerang a while back to her 10 seconds in Swordfish where she showed the world her goodies, Berry has always been considered one of the most beautiful women in the world. She could get it, whenever, wherever and however. Although, from her track record, I may be a little to dark for her.

Halle Berry: 5 magnums





A close second is Angela Bassett. Other than some random drunk chick at the club, nothing says getable other than class and elegance, all of which Bassett has. Even though Taye Diggs helped get her groove back, Bassett still has some left in the tank and could definitely get it…on silk sheets with the Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack playing in the background of course.

Angela Bassett: 4.5 magnums



Class and respect is fine, so by no means am I dismissing that or dismissing the get it-ness of Angela Basset, but sometimes you need a hood, ride or die chick. Enter Vivica Fox. The Soul Foodin’, Kill Billin’ Set if Off up in here actress turned socialite could get in the backseat of the caprice, with GUnit blaring out the subwoofers.

Vivica Fox: 4.2/3 magnums




I honestly tried to diversify this list with some “wild cards” so to speak, so consider this one actress one you wouldn’t think of off the top of your head.

Salli Richardson.

If you remember A Low Down Dirty Shame, you know what I’m talking about and we could just end the discussion there. But, Richardson is just plain fine and she just turned 40, so she’s still ripe (sorry ladies).

Salli Richardson: 5 magnums




A get it list wouldn’t be complete without a little creole-looking, redboneness. So that’s were Rick Fox’s leftovers Vanessa Williams comes in. I really don’t have much to say, but I think if those seductive eyes were look at me, I’d fold up like a lawn chair.

Vanessa Williams: 3 magnums

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home